Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Glow Mama Review

When I was pregnant I was always thirsty. Always. I guzzled water all day long and I constantly lamented my lack of drink options.

See, I couldn't drink too much caffeine, I was avoiding both diet and regular soda, and I just don't drink juice. I'd rather eat my fruit than drink it. In case you hadn't noticed, that doesn't leave a ton of options.

If I'd known about Glow Mama back then I would have been stoked! Light and fruity without being too sweet like juice and specially formulated for pregnant women or nursing moms - it would have been the perfect drink for me!

Glow Mama Pros:
- Glow Mama is light and fruity, more like flavored water than juice
- Very refreshing
- Fortified with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B3, B6, B12, folic acid, calcium, and iron - all the great nutrients that moms and moms to be need.
- Relatively low calorie. It's not water, but at 70 calories per bottle, it's not a bad substitute.
- Perfect ingredient for fun "mocktails." (See below for a sample recipe!)
- Affordable, plus the site offers great sampler packages.

Glow Mama Cons:
- Small 12oz bottles. If I had drunk these when I was pregnant I would have gone through a case a day!
- Very light in taste, which appealed to me, but if you like bolder tasting drinks this might seem very watered down to you.

All in all, Glow Mama is a great drink option for mamas or mamas to be. Stock up for yourself or your next baby shower!

Mom-ito Mocktail!
(Click here for other great mocktail options.)

Ingredients:
10 Large Mint leaves
1 oz Lime juice
3 oz Chilled Glow Mama
1 oz Soda Water
6 ea Glow Mama Ice Cubes

Directions:
Muddle mint leaves, sugar and lime juice in the bottom of a hi-ball glass. Drop in the Glow Mama ice cubes. Pour in the Glow Mama and soda water and garnish with mint leaves.

Did you like this The Lemonade Stand post?
Don't miss the next one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.
blog comments powered by Disqus