Unfortunately for me my kids are too old to be entered in The American Baby photo contest. (The photo to the left was taken two summers ago. Oh... my baaabeeee... she has gotten so big since then!)
Yours might not be though!
The deadline for contest entry is March 31. Ages of the kids have to be between three months and 24 months as of the date of entry. The grand prize winner will be featured on the cover of the August issue of American Baby.
Come on. Admit that you've always believed that your baby could be a cover model! This is your big chance to see that dream come true!
Parents can visit the American Baby website to see a list of the most frequently asked questions. One question that always comes up is how are the winners picked, and it’s no secret! It’s one-third the child’s appearance, one-third the child’s personality as reflected in the photo, and one-third the quality of the photo. The best thing parents can do is just upload what they think are the most compelling photos of their little one. Feel free to check out the official American Baby contest video to learn more.
The great folks at American Baby have a few suggestions for how to capture the perfect shot:
- Remember how professionals get all those gorgeous shots? They take lots and lots of shots to get that one good one, so take a ton of photos.
- Photo judges don’t really take to cranky babies, so capture your child in a happy moment – not too posed – so it reflects your baby’s personality.
- Don’t cover up the beautiful little one – no big hats or towels, just the will do fine!
- Simple backgrounds are best. Try to remove clutter so that the focus of the picture is your .
- Often times the best shots are taken spontaneously, so keep your camera handy during this period.
What are you waiting for? Go forth and take gorgeous pictures of your babies!
Did you like this The Lemonade Stand post?
Don't miss the next one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.