Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mirra - Beauty Product Review

I love shampoo and conditioner. OK, to be honest I love taking showers because it's the only place in my house where I can be alone for a few minutes. But I also truly love shampoo and conditioner. 
I try to exercise restraint, but I'm not very strong willed when it comes to new bath products. Which is why there are probably no fewer than ten bottles of shampoo or conditioner in my shower at this time. 

Knowing that, imagine my excitement when the lovely ladies at the Global Influence Network asked me if I wanted to test a few new beauty products. 

Mirra products are made with natural ingredients like olive oil, aloe leaf juice, cranberry, bamboo, honey, and chicoree root extracts. They've been created with fancy scientific proven technologies that help make these natural products extremely effective.*

Then imagine my sorrow when I discovered that these incredible, sweet smelling, luscious products turned out to be only available at Kroger stores. Last I checked, we don't have any of those in California. So, so sad. 

But you my friends, you who are lucky enough to have one of the Kroger family stores near you, please hurry and go try one of the new Mirra products for yourself. (If you click here you can even download a $5 off Mirra coupon!)

Enough about the pitch. I bet you want to know why you should hurry and get these. 

Well, in short because they smell amazing and they are awesome. I was fortunate enough to be asked to try the shampoo and conditioner (yay!), the body wash, the day face cream, the eye cream, the face soap, and the hair gel. (I know! I'm spoiled!)
Now, I don't actually use hair gel on my frizzy mop, but my darling husband does and was happy to try it out. He found the hold to be much better than his usual Suave stuff without making his hair feel like cardboard. I found the smell to be irresistible and couldn't keep myself away from him. Ahem.

I put the shampoo and conditioner in the shower and used them as soon as possible. My hair is in a terrible place right now and could really use a close encounter with some sharp scissors, but the Mirra shampoo and conditioner did a lovely job anyway. My hair wasn't miraculously sleek and voluminous, but it was clean, healthy looking, and smelled heavenly. Until I get a trim I can't ask much more of any shampoo.

The body wash is just heavenly. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's silky. It comes out of the bottle in shimmery swirls of gold silk. And it actually feels like silk as you lather up. It almost feels too decadent for a daily shower. I've been saving it for special occasions. Though in truth that's actually every day because I can't resist it and because being alone for five minutes is a special occasion, so it totally qualifies. Plus it smells amazing and I can't resist.

Have I mentioned the smells yet? Woodsy, natural, vanilla-y. I can't put my finger on it. I just love how I'm instantly transported back to an undefined place in my childhood. It makes me feel all fuzzy and happy inside. Love it. Awesome way to start the day. Or end it, depending on when I manage to take a shower.

The face cream isn't too thick or greasy and it didn't leave my face looking shiny. In fact, it left it feeling smooth and soft and perfectly hydrated. My only beef with this cream was that it didn't have any SPF in it, which for me is a deal breaker because I am somewhat lazy in the skincare department and yet have to protect my skin form the California sun. I'm toying with using it as a night cream. I think it would do wonders for my thirsty skin. 

The scrubby face cleanser was nothing short of awesome. I love a good deep clean and scrubbies always make me feel like that's exactly what I'm getting. It left my face feeling soft and clean, not stripped and dry. In fact, despite my incredibly dry skin, after using the face soap I never feel the urge to slather on face cream to make everything stop feeling tight. A definite bonus in my book!

I wish I could be honest and say I loved the eye cream, but in truth I haven't tried it yet. It smells lovely, but I honestly have no clue what eye cream does or how to use it, and it kind of scares me a bit. I know. I'm a wuss. I'm sorry.

All in all I'd have to give the Mirra line a big thumbs up and next time I'm in Ohio visiting my sister I'll have to make a point of stopping at Kroger to stock up. In the meantime I'm going to ration out what I have left so I can keep basking in that delectable smell that makes me so darn happy. I'd say it would be awesome if someone could bottle it, but, uh, they have, so I won't. 

*Please don't ask me what, I failed science repeatedly in class. But pretty! And smells good! And makes my skin and hair feel soft and healthy! Do you really need to know more?

Please note: I received the above mentioned products for free so that I could review them. I was in no other way compensated for this review by Global Influence or The Kroger Company. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are mine and mine alone.

Did you like this The Lemonade Stand post?
Don't miss the next one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.
blog comments powered by Disqus