Anyone who reads my regular blog knows that I have been particularly scared of the flu this winter. I struggled to get my daughters vaccinated against the H1N1 flu and I've been beyond anal about avoiding germ infested places. (Public library anyone?)
Beyond not taking my kids to places that might be harboring more than their fair share of germs, I've also been making a conscious effort to keep our home as sanitized as possible. I routinely disinfect door knobs, phone handsets, remote controls, and anything else that strikes me as potentially germy.
Lucky for me and anyone else who's on the "no germ, no virus" bandwagon this winter, Clorox has decided to make our lives a little easier. They've packaged the best of their disinfecting products with a handy guide that tells you, step by step, how to keep your house flu free this winter.
Best of all? If you buy the Clorox Home Flu Kit you'll actually be saving money - buying all the components separately costs more and you don't get the handy dandy cheat sheet!
Now personally I was already a big fan of Clorox even if I am a hair scared of bleach and what it can do to jeans and cute clothes. And I may be a hair obsessed with Clorox wipes. So it wasn't a stretch for me to fall in love with the Flu Kit. (It's for killing the FLU! I love killing the flu!) Add the fact that the kit includes Clorox's hospital strength hand sanitizer (my other obsession this winter), and I'm sold. You can't buy that stuff in stores and if rumors are true, sooner rather than later this winter it's going to start getting hard to find Purell on store shelves...
The Clorox Home Flu Kit isn't yet available in stores. Right now you can only buy it online. For $24.99 +shipping you get:
- 2 canisters of Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, one Fresh Scent and one Lemon Scent (35 wipes in each)
- 1 bottle of Clorox® Bleach (24 oz)
- 2 on-the-go packets of Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes (9 wipes in each)
- 1 bottle of Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner with Bleach (32 oz)
- 1 bottle of Clorox Commercial Solutions® Clorox® Hand Sanitizing Spray. (16.9 oz)
- 2 on-the-go bottles of Commercial Solutions® Clorox® Hand Sanitizing Spray (2 oz each)
- A 4-color guide and laminated wallet-size card describing the most effective ways to use these products at home and on-the-go.
So? What are you waiting for? Let's teach those germs who's boss!
Please Note: I am in no way affiliated with Clorox. I was sent a Clorox Home Flu Kit to test out at home for review purposes and was in no other way compensated for this review. The opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are mine and mine alone.