Tuesday, December 2, 2008
A while back I was asked to review Country Bob's All Purpose Steak sauce, and being a big steak lover I jumped at the chance. Then the sauce arrived and we went through a phase when we just didn't eat a ton of steak so I never got to try it and I might have maybe forgotten about it for a bit.
Then, one day, we had steak! And we had sauce! And I put them together, but not nearly for long enough, because as usual I didn't have time. And I wish I could say that the heavens sang and I was thrilled with the sauce, but the truth of the matter is that after marinating for five minutes in Country Bob's sauce the steaks weren't all that great. So I put the sauce aside and I decided to try it with hamburgers before writing the review.
Guess how long it took me to make hamburgers? That's right, weeks and weeks. And then, thank goodness, I did have hamburger meat, and I did mix it with Country Bob's sauce, and the heavens did sing, but I had trouble hearing them over M's Mmmming and groaning with delight.
Country Bob's All Purpose Steak Sauce Pros:
- This aromatic steak sauce is delicious mixed with hamburger meat. It makes juicy, tasty burgers that leave you licking your fingers clean.
- Very versatile sauce that can be used in a multitude of ways. Recipes are offered on the site.
- Country Bob's company is, ah, somewhat religious, which is a great thing if you're into that!
- You can get a personalized label and corporate gifts on the site!
Country Bob's All Purpose Steak Sauce Cons:
- If you marinate your steaks for all of five minutes and hope that slapping a ton of sauce on while they grill is going to help, you might be disappointed. The steak sauce didn't really do much for the steaks, though I have a hunch that overnight marinating might create a delightful dinner.
- Not available at my local grocery store, but I think that M would leave me if I didn't start ordering it regularly, so I'm going to get on that.
All in all Country Bob's All Purpose Steak Sauce was a great hit with us and I'm definitely turning it into a family staple. I highly recommend it, and if you're not convinced I I can just tape M's happy eating sounds next time I make some burgers, which, if this week is anything to go by, might be in a day or two.
Buy Country Bob's All Purpose Steak Sauce here. If you have a meat lover on your holiday shopping list, this is the perfect gift.
Country Bob's All Purpose Steak Sauce giveaway!
Not one but TWO of you fantastic readers are going to get to try Country Bob's for FREE! Yes! I'm know, you're excited, so hurry down to the comments section and tell me your favorite steak or hamburger memory to be entered for a chance to win. (Don't have one? Make one up!) Then, to get another chance to win, head over to Country Bob's site and check out the recipes. Come back and tell us which recipe is the one you're most excited to try. As always if you twitter, blog, or email friends about this giveaway come back and tell us to win even more entries. And as always, if you don't leave me a way to contact you I won't be able to tell you you won!
Givaway winners will be chosen on Tuesday, December 9 at 12PST.