Monday, June 30, 2008

For the Kids - For all the bopping we do around the kitchen

In the Rose household we love to dance. Wait, let me rephrase that. In the Rose household we love to boogie in the kitchen while waiting for our dinner to cook. We pop in a CD and dance like maniacs until the giggles bring us to our knees. What can I say, I love to hear my kids laugh at me. Plus, some days it's the only exercise I get.

Our favorite CD, hands down, is For the Kids. It's a compilation of kid themed songs sung by awesome big shot artists: Five for Fighting, Barenaked Ladies, Sarah McLachlan to name a few. The songs are all brilliant, not a one needs to be skipped, and most should be on repeat. The themes may be kid friendly but the music is most definitely not dumbed down and won't make you want to rip your hair out after hearing it a couple times.

My personal faves are Willie the King by Dan Wilson; a touching take on how kids wish they could control the grown-up world and the Chantal/Raine Maida version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star which I guarantee you will still be humming days after you last heard it. Oh wait, I also really like Guster's I've Got to Be Clean and Dan Zanes' Wonderwheel. Oh! And! And! And you get the gist.

Definite thumbs up for this gem of a CD. Get it even if you don't have kids to enjoy it with.
blog comments powered by Disqus