Every so often I do get my hands on a new CD, and you should see the excitement around here when I pop it into the machine. There's usually much dancing and rejoicing, some of it is even the kids!
This latest CD wasn't so much the kind you dance to, but it's definitely staying in the rotation anyway. As soon as the new Corneille CD, The Birth of Cornelius arrived I ripped into the packaging and popped it into the player before even reading about his back story. Then I sat down, started the CD again and really listened.
You don't need to know Corneille's back story to enjoy his Motown vibe or amazing lyrics, but it does bring your appreciation to a whole other level when you know that when he sings
Oh... father, father I wish you were herehe's speaking to his entire family, massacred in the 1994 Rwandan genocide. Once you understand the hardships that this singer has overcome it's impossible not to be moved by the beauty of his lyrics and songs. There's not an ounce of bitterness, it's all poetry and love.
I wish you were here so you could see the man I've grown up to be
Mother, I wish you were here so you can see the girl I married
Brothers I wish you were here so I can have somebody I can call "my brother"
Sister, I wish you were here so I can see the girl you'd grow up to be
Yes, I remember your love
See, if I'm here crying, if I'm here loving, if I'm here caring
It's for one reason only
It's 'cos I remember your love
Corneille - The Birth of Cornelius - Autographed CD giveawayI have one autographed CD to give away to one lucky winner!
1) Visit the Amazon page for The Birth of Cornelius (click on the link to get to it) and scroll down to the "Listen to Samples" section. Listen to the samples and let us know which is your favorite track.
2) Leave a comment letting me know about your latest favorite album.
2) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Leave a comment telling me you subscribed.
3) Subscribe to my other blog's feed. Leave a comment telling me you subscribed.
4) Tweet, email, blog about this giveaway.
Please remember to leave me a way to contact you. And please, please, please, leave a separate comment for each of your entries. I can't credit you for each of them if you don't.