Friday, September 19, 2008

The Women behind The Women - Dove documentary

So, you all know how Dove is taking the world by storm and revolutionizing the face of advertising? Literally. By showing real women instead of "ideal" women. (And by that I sure don't mean your ideal, or my ideal, but some weirdo pretend ideal that isn't really anyone's ideal, especially not someone who actually, you know, eats. But I digress.)

Well, they've taken it a step forward by creating an entire The Women behind The Women campaign. It's a movie about women directed by a woman. Not really novel, but sending a young reporter behind the scenes to see how it's all done was pretty neat. All the footage with original interviews and other choice tidbits are available for you to see at Dove.com/thewomen.

Check it out, I thought it was pretty cool. And now I'm thrilled to go see the movie. Tonight, with a girlfriend, because even if the movie got terrible reviews, at least now I know really neat stuff about the behind the scenes goings on and I can be that obnoxious person in the audience, except not really, because why would I ruin a perfectly good Girls Night Out? Right?

Go check out the footage and come back and tell me what you thought. And if you saw the movie I totally want your feedback on that too!
blog comments powered by Disqus